In 2007 the Quality Coast Award superseded the Seaside Awards, bringing with it a more accessible and progressive award. Helping beach managers make the very best of their beach and work towards its ongoing development a Quality Coast Award can be achieved by most well managed beaches in England.
Raising the profile of the coastal area can often be difficult for beach managers, especially when trying to generate income for future developments. By achieving a Quality Coast Award your beach will receive a nationally recognised mark of approval which will generate both media and public interest. This in turn will help secure funding for future improvements to the beach area.
By achieving a Quality Coast Award you will:
- Raise the profile of your beach and its importance in your local area
- Receive a flag or a plaque to showcase your award to the public
- Receive a three year action plan to help you in your future planning for the maintenance and development of your beach
- Be included on the Keep Britain Tidy website which showcases all award-winning beaches
- Receive an independent assessment of your beach to ensure quality assurance
- Benefit from media coverage highlighting your success
- Enhance local and regional tourism strategies
- Be in a position to secure additional funding for the improvement of the coastal area
Text only | Accessibility | Sitemap | Terms and Conditions | Privacy | Copyright